Friday, January 5, 2007

Back to the grind

Sphere: Related Content

A very happy new year to everyone. I just got back to work yesterday and immediately got swamped. It's back to the grind for me. Some lucky devils took the whole week off and will be resuming next week. This has lightened the mad traffic on Lagos roads. You can actually drive to most places within 30 minutes. Why can't it always be like this. I wonder what everyone is doing in Lagos. What am I doing here you ask? Earning a living! However, if you really want to live and not just exist, Abuja is the place to be. Also, I had to move house over the holiday so it was sort of a stressful period for me.

I'm really looking forward to the elections this year as this will mark a turning point in our nations history. I got a text message from KORO 2007 campaign organisation. I haven't seen a single poster for Musiliu Obanikoro. Meanwhile I can't get enough of Babatunde Fashola's campaign song, "Baba ni Governor". If anything else he deserves to win for his catchy campaign tune! Anyways, more on the Lagos State gubernatorial race later. Got to run for a meeting.

Happy New Year!

PS: Stumbled on this interesting article
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/chris-ngwodo/why-nigeria-is-not-yet-a-democracy.html

No comments: